Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White on McGregor tweet: Show some common f@$%ing sense

Go down

White on McGregor tweet: Show some common f@$%ing sense Empty White on McGregor tweet: Show some common f@$%ing sense

Post by Admin Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 am

On Monday mediagenic UFC featherweight Conor McGregor was bantering with fans in Twitter when he was asked a question that more than a few guys have doubtless pondered - "one night before the world ends...Ronda or Miesha?"

It is not an appropriate subject to discuss in public - Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate are colleagues. However, the ever lively McGregor took the opportunity to borrow a line from Dr. Dre.

"One ridin dick, one lickin ma toes????" tweeted McGregor in response.

Although the tweet was undoubtedly good natured, former UFC welterweight champion and current Vice President of Athlete Development and Government Relations Matt Hughes enforces the promotions's Code of Conduct, and he was not impressed.

McGregor promptly deleted the tweet, and issue a public apology.

At a media event on Thursday, UFC president Dana White was asked to comment.

“When I found out about that, I reached out to him, and he had already written an apology,” said White as transcribed by 5thround.com. “He’s a young kid that made a real dumb tweet. He apologized. I had talked to Miesha and Ronda, both of them were like, ‘Yeah, whatever. Not a big deal.’

“He likes both of them, respects them. These guys try to be f---ing funny on Twitter.”

“The crazy part is, he’s been trying to hit Ronda up, he wants to go train with Ronda. And then you’re gonna send a tweet like that with somebody you want to hang out with and train with, it just makes no sense.

“I don’t expect people to be f---ing rocket scientists here. We’re not gonna go out and find a cure for cancer or anything, all I ask for is a little common sense. Just a little tiny bit of f---ing common sense.”

There will be no further repurcussions from the UFC.

McGregor is currently out with a torn ACL until until June.

Admin
Admin

https://mmawarlike.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down